The 2016 World Tea Awards honor the tea community—and some of the best and brightest in the industry. 2016 nominating categories are listed below along with brief descriptions for each category.
Nominations close May 1st, 2016 and finalist voting starts shortly after.
Please note: nominations are open to all members of the tea community, however finalist voting is only open to registered World Tea Expo Attendees.
Award winners will be announced at the 2016 World Tea Expo Awards Ceremony
Date: June 15, 2016 5:30pm-8:30pm (immediately following the close of the exhibit hall)
Location: Las Vegas Convention Center, Room S219
- Best Tea Publication – Any print publication including magazines and books published within the last two years. Your nomination should be for a publication that provides top quality, timely information about tea or any aspect of the tea industry.
- Best Social Media Reach – A person or organization that demonstrates professionalism through social media communications that actively support and fuel positive messaging in relation to the tea industry.
- Best Tea Industry Website – Any website representing any part of the tea industry including tea rooms, tea retailers, tea wholesalers, and suppliers of tea related merchandise or accoutrements. Your nomination should be for a website that is easy to navigate, up-to-date, and professionally and respectfully representative of the industry.
- Best Tea Brand – Any tea business selling its own branded tea products -- consumer packaged goods -- that not only showcases excellent tea, but puts forth exceptional package design and copy for consumer benefit and greater understanding.
- Best Tea Blog – A personal or business blog that is regularly and actively posted to, is educational, and shows high regard for the tea industry.
- Best Tea Educator – A person who works tirelessly to promote tea and all its wonder. Your nomination should be for someone who provides quality, timely, accurate, educational information about tea. That person might be a frequent speaker at industry events or someone who provides wonderful education to the general public.
- Best Tea Health Advocate – A person or business that studies the health benefits of tea and expertly conveys the positive messaging on to other tea businesses and consumers. Your nomination should be for someone who knows the science and health benefits of tea in depth but also knows how to best communicate the meaning in layman’s terms.
- Best Tea Marketing – Any company whose advertisement, brochure, infographic, or print or online marketing of tea brings best light and respect to the industry. Your nomination should be for a company that leads in marketing methods that most deeply touch the needs of tea consumers, not just in branding, but spreading the benefits of tea for health and general positive sociability surrounding the experience and enjoyment of tea overall.
- Best Tea Industry Innovation – Any person, company or organization that carries forth an inspiring message and solutions for problems and challenges facing the tea industry.
- Best Tea Retail Shop or Chain – A single or multi-unit brick and mortar retail business focused on specialty tea. Your nomination should be for a retail tea operation that is best in class, be it outstanding service, merchandising, selection and staff tea knowledge.
- Best Tea Accessory, Technology – Any brewing, storage, serving or related accessory or technology that enhances the pleasure and enjoyment of the individual tea experience.
- Best Tea Community, Social Initiative – A program, initiative or group that promotes either the enjoyment of tea consumption and/or in some focused manner the well being of those involved in the supply chain of tea.